Unorthodox Musings

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

What Color is the Wall?

I have not lost my ambition and for now I just need to "be", instead of "be more"!

I have not lost my ambition I merely needed to set it aside and like a china cabinet that's been sitting in the same spot against the wall for many years; there's a lot of dirt and memories that need to be attended to.

The caked on grime and filth of arrogance and vanity. The broken bits of memories and mistakes some new, some old. The bits appear to be purposely hidden, as if by a child afraid of what he's done, but instead by a man. Perhaps by embarrassment, most likely by pride. The cobwebs of self pity, blame and manipulation.

Now as I stand here speechless, motionless, and very sad at what I see, my aire of confidence becomes nothing more than air. And there in my sadness, as I stare, I begin to realize a horrible truth. I can not remember the color of the wall.

Contribution by ACE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home